HCG Side Effects.com
|HCG Side Effects||Side Effects Women||Side Effects Men||HCG Diet Dangers||HCG FAQ|
HCG SIDE EFFECTS IN MEN
HCG may be prescribed for men in the treatment of low testosterone, also known as "Low T", low sperm counts and undescended testicles in young men. HCG is also used "off label" to combat obesity as part of the protocol for the HCG Diet.
HCG Therapy is very effective in stimulating the male testes to naturally produce more testosterone. Typically, no testosterone medication is administered, as higher blood levels of testosterone are achieved by the increase in natural production.
Benefits of HCG Therapy and Increased Testosterone Levels:
- Increased lean muscle and body strength
- Increased sperm count
- Increased energy
- Lower body fat
- Improve mood and outlook
- Improved sexual drive and performance
- Reduced body fat
- Reduced levels of depression
Caution: Before Taking HCG
DO NOT use HCG if you have:
- Early or "Precocious" puberty
- Prostate cancer or any hormone related cancer
HCG is available only by prescription and should only be administered under the supervision of a physician or health care professional.
Normal dosage for a fertility treatment cycle is 5,000 - 10,000 USP units one day after the last dose of menotropins or follitropins. Ovulation usually occurs 36 hours after the injection. Women with luteal phase defect may also receive additional injections.
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS OF HCG:
- Pain at the injection site
- Enlarged prostrate
- Breast growth or enlargement
- Breast discomfort
- Tenderness in the lower abdomen
- Bloating and fluid retention
Medications with Known Interactions to HCG
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS OF HCG:
- Severe pain or swelling in the lower abdomen
- Fluid retention which must be monitored carefully in patients with cardiac or renal disease, migraines, epilepsy and asthma
Many patients are unaware of the side effects of HCG when they undergo treatment with the medication. It is our hope that this information helps to better serve both physicians and there patients about HCG.